Ali Administrative unit

Ali is a village in Khashuri municipality. It is located on the banks of the river Cheratkhevi. Asl 760 meters. There are 25 kilometers away from Khashuri. Ali   administrative unit includes the following villages: Ali, Akhalubani,  Brili, Dumatskhovi, Zemo Adzvisi, Kldistskaro, Mtskhetijvari, Nabakhtevi, Utslevi, kindzati. 

There were 480  households, totally 1480 people from January 1, 2006 in the Administrative unit. 

Ali  was located on the border  of the east and west historic road and had an  important role in the trade -  economic life of the country, which helped it to  become a town (XII century.). Ali had defended by the castle of Ali  from the north and  the south – the castle of Nabakhtevi. During the Mongol yoke Ali has weakened and has became  a small town. In XVIII century Ali took the lead and became one of the main cities of Zemo Kartli (Upper Kartli). Ali was a royal city and it had been ruling by the Mouravi. 

There are interesting historical monuments in Ali: Dedaghvtisa, Kviratskhoveli church, St. Mary's, Janiaurebi and Usaneti churches. Nabaxtevi church, which is dedicated to Our Lady is know for its wall painting. The church is a basilica and from the north a two-storied, four-corner chapel is added. The basement of the chapel is gate at the same time. The decoration of the church is distinguished by high artistic values and is created in hard times of Georgia – after the invasion of Tamburlaine (1412-1431). It gives still greater significance to the monument with the view of development of Georgian architecture. For, the monuments of that period are very scarce in Georgian reality. Alongside with the compositions created on the religious theme, there are images of secular nature too. The painting is known for its refined coloring, light clear colors, unusual pearl of mutter hue. Part of painting is removed from the walls and is kept at the State museum of Arts of Georgia.